We provide assistance to small business owners to expand their business into federal, state, regional, county, and local markets with government agencies, and military installations. PTAC staff provides advising, training, and networking opportunities through specialized classes, monthly networking meetings, matchmaking events, and one-on-one assistance. In addition to the following services:
- Determining Suitability for Contracting The government marketplace poses unique challenges that can overwhelm or even ruin a company that does not have the maturity or resources to meet them. Our advisors can help determine if your company is ready for government opportunities and how to best position it for success.
- Securing Necessary Registrations Advisors are available to help ensure registration with the various databases necessary to participate in the government marketplace, including the Department of Defense’s System Award Management (SAM), the SBA’s Dynamic Small Business Search, and other government vendor databases.
- SDB, 8(a), HUBZone, WOSB and other Certifications Certain small businesses are eligible for preferred status in some government solicitations. A PTAC specialist can help determine if your company is eligible for certain certifications and guide you through the steps necessary to secure them.
- Researching Procurement Histories “What agencies have bought products like yours in the past? Which companies have been awarded these contracts? How much have they been paid?” Answers to questions like these are necessary to guide a marketing strategy and gain a competitive edge. PTAC staff can help ask the right questions and get the information needed to succeed.
- BidMatch Service BidMatch is an automated system that searches new federal, state, and local government contracting opportunities on a daily basis and delivers matching opportunities to your email inbox. The PTAC BidMatch service searches over 350 government websites nationally. This service can help expand your customer base by providing a daily internet listing of contract opportunities customized to your business, providing names of potential customers who buy your products and services, and providing subcontracting opportunities with primary contractors on major contracts. The BidMatch service provides an affordable, customized contracting opportunity search tool for clients of the PTAC.
- Proposal Preparation A procurement specialist can help navigate even the most difficult solicitation package, including securing necessary specifications and drawings and determining pricing.
- Contract Performance Issues After contract award, PTAC staff can assist with performance issues such as developing a costaccounting system, bonding and interim financing, developing environmental, quality control, and accident prevention plans.